You're about to finish school and bury the books for a while. So now what?
If you're not sure what you want to study next year, looking for gap year ideas or just keen for an amazing travel experience, then the GapBreak program is for you. Our students work on a variety of volunteer and work placements around the world - such as teaching, caring for endangered animals and marine life, building projects and sports coaching.
Our destinations are vast and varied, with opportunities for GapBreak students in places like Brazil, Kenya, Nepal, Canada and Peru. This unique travel experience has been running since 1996. It is well renowned, safe, stuctured and a fantastic way for young adults to see the world.
Check out some GapBreak videos
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Joining a group of Australian and New Zealand gap year students
, you will live and breathe a new culture while working on a sustainable volunteer or work project. With such a variety of projects and destinations across the world, you are sure to find something that sparks your interest! Check out our full list of volunteer projects
and paid gap year jobs
THE GAP EXPERIENCE
- Participate in leading and reputable gap year program designed for Australian and New Zealand students
- Give something back to a developing community through volunteering
- Live with the local people, as well as other gap year students
- Make lifelong friends with like-minded people
- A chance to travel and explore on your weekends, as well as after your placement
- Take a break from study, become more independent and add to your CV
- Experience a brand new culture, environment and way of life!
- Rewarding and sustainable volunteer or work project
- Comprehensive 2-day training course prior to departure
- Food (in most destinations, please see specific country inclusions)
- 24-hour support for duration of placement from Australian head office
- Orientation, facilitation and support from in-country partners (on call at all times).
- Transfers to and from your placement when arriving on specified day
- Fundraising advice
Request a GapBreak info kit
Check out some GapBreak photos
Apply for a GapBreak
I just wanted to thank you and your organisation for everything you have done to ensure Sam had a fabulous , safe and enjoyable GapBreak. He came back with such a great attitude and a huge grin . He is a much better person for the experience and we hope he will make the most of what he has learned over this time . It was great for him to have gone so far from his comfort zone and come out the other side a lot more positive and outgoing. He seems to have made some good friendships which I hope will continue. Tony Jaggs, CEO Atlantis Connect, GapBreak Parent