The spectacular scenery and highly cultured people make Vietnam a fascinating place to visit. Vietnam has a diverse climate because of the range of altitudes and latitudes. Northern Vietnam is home to many distinct hill tribes, some of whom remain untouched by Western influences. To the east of Hanoi is spectacular Halong Bay with over 3,000 islands rising from the clear, blue waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. It is one of the natural marvels of Vietnam and has been designated a world heritage site.
UNIVERSITY FACULTY PROJECTS
UniBreak Groups have the opportunity to experience life in the rural communities of northern Vietnam and work in basic village clinics and town hospitals in the Akha and H’mong hill tribe areas.
UniBreak Groups may travel by foot and vehicle to remote communities to assist local health care workers treating common diseases and performing health checks on people in the community. A basic level of fitness is required for trekking programs.
Accommodation in Hanoi is generally in a comfortable three-star hotel on a twin-share basis. In rural areas the group may stay in authentic traditional huts and eat local Vietnamese food providing a unique cultural immersion experience.
- Return international airfares
- Accommodation during placement
- Food during placement
- Antipodeans Training Workshop
- In-country meet & greet, airport transfers, orientation and transport
- Placement and screened community project
- Support by In-Country Agent
- 24 hr back-up by Antipodeans Abroad in Australia
- Taxes and Surcharges
- Travel Insurance (Can be arranged by Antipodeans Abroad)
- Visas and vaccinations
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities
* A quote for an itinerary tailored to your needs may be provided with the intended dates, duration, and proposed group numbers.